What is Patient Access?
With Patient Access, you can now:
- Book a ROUTINE appointment Monday-Friday with your registered Doctor
- Book a ROUTINE extended early morning/ late evening appointment with your registered GP.
- Request your repeat prescription
- Change your personal details
- View your medical records.
- Online blood test bookings. These are routine blood tests only and are available to our patients who have been asked by their GP or by a practice letter requesting them to make a routine blood test appointment. Please note: Our Health Care Assistants can ONLY do ROUTINE blood tests.
- Routine DIABETIC appointment on-line. These appointments are with our DIABETES nurses, Maggie Bodington and Sally Warwick . These appointments are strictly for our DIABETIC patients ONLY.
- Routine INR appointments are now available to book on line.
Is my information secure?
All information that is sent to your surgery via Patient Access is secure. Your personal details are encrypted and protected using the highest standard internet security, so it cannot be intercepted. Only you and your GP surgery are able to see this information
How do I register?
There is a registration process that must be completed prior to accessing our services on line. Please speak to a member of staff and bring a form of ID with you for all adults over 16 years.
Once you have received your registration form from Latham House you will need to log onto www.lhmp.co.uk, click on the Patient Access tab “SIGN IN” and click “REGISTER” follow the wizard, choose your security questions/answers and choose your password, once completed you are registered to use Patient Access.
In order to view your medical records via Patient Access, you will need to request this separately, please speak to a member of staff or contact the IT department, 01664 503000, option 4, option 3, option 3.
Download Patient Access on your mobile. visit www.patient.co.uk/accessapp