About Leicestershire Weight Management Services
There is a lot of information about healthy eating, physical activity, and weight management out there and available. But, it’s difficult to determine what is right and healthy for you.
The Leicestershire Weight Management team are available to help.
The service is available to *eligible residents in Leicestershire and Rutland.
To reach and stay at a healthy weight over the long term, the focus should be on your overall health and lifestyle habits and not just on what you eat.
The Leicestershire Weight Management service offers you the opportunity to improve your quality of life through healthy lifestyle changes. These are changes that are simple to follow in your day-to-day life and more effective with maintaining a healthy weight.
To find out more: Weight Management – LCC Weight Management (leicestershirewms.co.uk)
Melton Sport & Health Alliance: GP Exercise Referral
GP Exercise Referral is a selection of physical activity programmes for people with controlled medical conditions, whose health would benefit from being more active. Each programme helps people to be active in a safe environment and manage the symptoms of their condition.
What programmes are available?
- Personal Training – 12 weeks 1-1 bespoke personal training sessions (1 per week) with our exercise referral coach at Goodlife Gym in Melton Mowbray. Bespoke programmes to suit your likes and dislikes and work with you to achieve your goals.
- Aqua Fit – A fun class based session in the pool at Waterfield Leisure centre with our qualified Exercise referral coach 12 week course.
- Active Community Programme – A free, twelve-week outdoor and group based class at Wilton Park. The classes will be led by an instructor and involve walking, outdoor games and circuit-based exercises.
- Over 16 years of age
- Inactive (typically less than 30 minutes physical activity per week)
- Diagnosed with one or more health
- conditions (see back of leaflet) Compliant with any medication
- Ready & willing to change current behaviour.
Eligibility Criteria: Health Conditions
Obesity (30-39.9 kg/m2)
Osteoarthritis (Mild-Moderate Severity)
Rheumatoid Arthritis (Medication Controlled)
Joint Replacement (>3 Months Post Operation)
Osteoporosis (Diagnosed, Treated & Stable)
Asthma (Stable & Controlled)
COPD (Mild-Moderate Severity)
Anxiety (Mild-Moderate Severity)
Depression (Mild-Moderate Severity)
Diabetes Mellitus (Type 1)
Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2)
Hypercholesterolemia (Diagnosed & Stable)
Hypertension (Diagnosed & Stable)
CHD/Angina Pectoris (Stable, No MI)