A Mental Health and support booklet is available HERE
How to get Mental Health support in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
There are a number of local services available across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, these include:
- VitaMinds – Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT), If you are feeling a little low and would like to consider accessing talking therapies you do not need to wait to see anyone at the surgery first. You can self-refer by calling 0330 094 5595 or visiting https://www.vitahealthgroup.co.uk/nhs-services/nhs-mental-health/leicester-leicestershire-rutland/
- If you’re in need of urgent mental health support call the Central Access Point helpline which is open 24/7 – 0808 800 3302
- To support new mums with their mental health, contact Mum’s Mind, a text service which provides help and information, text – 07507 330026 opening times are Monday – Friday 9am-4.30pm
- Chat health is a confidential text messaging service for children, young people and families:
o Parents/carers living in Leicester city: text 07520 615381
o Parent/carers living in Leicestershire and Rutland: text 07520 615382
o Young people aged 11-19 living in Leicester city: text 07520 615 386
Find out more information about local services at Leicestershire county council: Get support with Mental Health and wellbeing
If you are in need of urgent NHS mental health support, you should call 0808 800 3302.
This is a 24/7 Freephone helpline for people of all ages in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, provided jointly by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) and Turning Point
Using Turning Point’s established Freephone number, the re-named Mental Health Central Access Point is for people of all ages, offering round-the-clock access to urgent support and solution focused conversations, signposting and referral for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
Calls are handled by Turning Point’s skilled and experienced recovery workers who can access clinical advice from Leicestershire Partnership Trust’s specialist clinicians when needed. They will talk with you to agree the best support for your urgent mental health needs.
Sources of Support
- NHS UK Mental Health Support
- Mind – help and support with your mental health
- Young minds help and support for children and young adults.
- Every mind matters – help and support with your mental health
- Self Harm support networks for anybody struggling and needing support and for their family members and friends
- Childline – Under 19’s can call 0800 1111 for free support
- CAMHS: Child and adolescent mental health services
Local Support Available
Useful numbers for over a bank holiday.
Social services are available to help with social support. They are contactable on the following numbers:
- Leicester City Social Services- 01164541004
- Leicestershire County Social Services- 01163050004
- Outside of normal working hours, the emergency duty team for both city and county social services is available on- 01162551606
- Samaritans can be contacted 24/7 on 116 123
Leicester Partnership Trust also have a 24/7 Mental Health Centralised Access Point who can be contacted on 08088003302, they accept self-referrals and also relatives and your GP can make referrals on your behalf if there are urgent concerns about your mental health.
In any emergency, please remember to ring NHS 111 in the first instance or 999.