Our Minor Injury Unit is open from 08:00am to 18:30pm and is staffed by trained Clinicians who will offer treatment, help and advice.
If you think you need to be seen following a minor accident that you cannot treat yourself please attend yourself at our MIU reception or telephone 01664 503000 to make an appointment.
The Minor Treatment Unit is equipped to a very high standard, making the investigation and treatment of patients easier within our premises than in your own home.
The Minor Injury unit is not Accident and Emergency.
Please be advised that we are unable X-Ray or scan suspected breaks. If you suspect a broken bone please visit your local A&E where they will be able to clarify this for you with equipment only available in secondary care settings.
We are able to see & treat, or refer patients with minor injuries. The list of recommended injuries to be included are:
Conditions that can be treated at Minor Injury Units include:
- wounds, cuts and bruises including stitches* (Tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- bites – human, insect and animal
- minor burns and scalds
- Assessing broken bones, sprains, bruises and wounds
- sports injuries
- foreign bodies in the eyes and nose
- minor head injuries
- abscesses and wound infections
- broken noses and nosebleeds
- Ear checks for wax only
- Removal of clips/sutures
- Injections (excluding travel and imms)
First appointment – 0840
Last appointment – 1700
Emergencies from 0800-1830
We will also support
- Temp residents for new injuries/routine dressing etc if staying in Melton
- Immunisations necessary for new injuries
Out of Hours – contact 111