You can now contact the Prescriptions team in the following ways:
- Email at [email protected]
- Phone at 01664 503000 and select the prescriptions option
- Online via the Airmid app or the NHS app
Please use these communication routes for all prescription requests & queries.
We are unable to accept prescription requests or prescription queries via Engage Consult or in person at the main reception desk.
How to order a repeat prescription
If you take medicine regularly, you’ll usually have a repeat prescription.
This means you can order your medicine when you need it without having to see a GP until your next medicine review.
You might be able to ask your pharmacy for your medicine if your GP has set up this up (repeat dispensing). If not, you’ll need to order your medicines from your GP surgery each time.
There are 3 ways to order a repeat prescription from your GP surgery.
- Online, Via the SystmOnline/Airmid / NHS apps. If you have not registered for online access, please visit our website at https://www.lhmp.co.uk/online-facilities/ or contact Patient Services for more information.
- Use the Repeat Slip that the Pharmacy will hand to you with your last medication. Please just complete the slip with the items you need and put in the post box by the main entrance at LHMP or the post-box on the external wall opposite Morrisons.
- Email your request with your full name, dob and address to [email protected]
When do I request my repeat prescription?
It is the patient’s responsibility to manage their prescriptions effectively.
The NHS advises that patients should request their medication when you have 7 to 10 days’ worth of medication remaining. Prescription requests will be processed by Latham House Medical Practice within 48 hours (2 working days). The prescription is then shared with your pharmacy who will start their process to fulfil the order.
If you collect your prescriptions from a local Pharmacy, we advise that you contact them directly to confirm when your prescription will be ready to collect as dispensing times may differ.
What do I do if my medication isn’t on repeat?
There are several ways you can request a medication that is not part of a repeat request but that you have taken previously, these include.
- Using the Systmonline/Airmid / NHS app- you can write a note in the ‘customer request’ box stating the name of the medication you require.
- You can write the name of the other required medication on your repeat order slip and put it in the prescription request post box at the Practice.
- You can email the full details of the medication required, along with your full name, date of birth and registered home address to [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE MEDICATION WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS YOU WILL NEED A TELEPHONE APPOINTMENT WITH A GP
What if I need more medication than has been provided by the hospital?
Secondary care services may advise medication they deem necessary in your treatment. To request this, you should email your hospital letter / instruction to [email protected]
You can also post a copy of the letter in the Prescription Request post box by the main entrance at Latham House with any additional comments from yourself.
If you do not have a hospital letter, please take a photo of the medication packaging, clearly showing the pharmacy label along with the patient details and email this to [email protected]
What do I do if I have run out of medication and the Practice is closed?
If you run out of medicine outside of your GP surgery’s normal opening hours and need some urgently, there are a few ways to get an emergency supply quickly, even if you’re away from home.
Visit https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/prescriptions-and-pharmacies/pharmacies/out-of-hours-medicines/ to find out more information about out of hours prescriptions.